New Year – Time To Include Honey To Your Diet
Do you want to know the 8 health benefits of honey for a happy New Year? Are you interested in knowing the benefits that honey can give you this coming New Year? If you do, then this post will provide you the 8 benefits that can be derived from honey.
Here are the 8 healthy benefits of honey:
- Boost your immune system. Honey is rich in antioxidants as well as in anti-bacterial properties that can strengthen your immune system, thus providing you the protection against various diseases.
- Promotes weight loss. This is feasible especially if you will use honey as the replacement for your sugar. However, you should keep in your mind that 1 tablespoon of honey has 63 calories, so you must know how to use it sparingly.
- Digestion aid. By taking honey in regular basis, this will help you to combat various digestive problems such as ulcers and constipation.
- Cold remedy. This is true since honey has the soothing effects to your throat that can clear it from cold symptoms. By just adding honey to your tea with lemon, you will have that instant throat soother.
- Anti-inflammatory agent. There are several studies that show honey capability to fight and reduce the mucositis or also known as the inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Anti-bacterial treatment. It has been proven for a long time that honey is capable of treating minor cuts, wounds, scrapes and burns. Although there are still some doubts on its effectiveness, there are many people who use honey in their wounds.
- Skin soother. If you are familiar with Beeswax, a skin soother, you will be surprised that one key ingredients of it is honey.
- Boost your energy. Honey is also rich in sugar that can provide your body the needed energy.
After discovering the benefits you can get from honey, will you now consider it including to your diet this New Year?